ss_blog_claim=382b23c0c917c4da8523791d09618c76

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Farewell to Entrecard

Perhaps you noticed, that the Entrecard widget is no longer on my blog. I decided to quit and cancel my account.
It started off as a wonderful way of getting to know other blogs / bloggers and get some extra traffic to my blog. I've made a lot of contacts, that I'm still very happy with. I've made sure I bookmarked them all!
The last months Entrecard evolved in a way that doesn't suit me and my blog. I've waited to see whether it would change, but it didn't. The sponsor ads system started today. I don't like sponsored ads this way, but if I wish to opt-out it'll cost me $5/month or $50/ year! So I decided today was the day to stop participating.

(image copied from Crazy Working Mom & On The Bricks)

5 comments:

  1. The entire thing annoys me to no end. I loved EC and the people I met through it. Some of my dearest friends I would never have met without it. I haven't closed my account yet, because I am afraid of some new friends I might miss out on meeting. But I don't like being forced to do the paid ads and I am not paying for EC. I should decide soon.

    At least I found you and, of course, I don't even need an EC to come visit you. You are already in my reader and FB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that you are leaving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never have met without it. I haven't closed my account yet, because I am afraid of some new friends I might miss out on meeting.
    Work From Home

    ReplyDelete
  4. I met you through Entrecard and lots of wonderful bloggers but I also left because of the paid ads and the closing of the forums. If things change, I'll return but for the moment, like you, I've just made a decision to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never signed up and have red that many have done like you. I think you did the right thing.

    ReplyDelete

I'm really sorry I had to enable comment & word moderation. Loads of spam comments spoiled the free commenting, but please... don't let it stop you. I love every non-spam comment!
Thanks for visiting.
Love, Tink