ss_blog_claim=382b23c0c917c4da8523791d09618c76

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Duke Taylor

I learned about Duke Taylor through his Facebook-page. He was a wonderful dog with a heart condition. On his page he raised awareness and tried to help other dogs in every way possible. Every day I checked in to see how Duke was doing, to look for new pictures and/or causes.

Unfortunately Duke lost his fight on March 4th. He has crossed over to the Rainbow Bridge. In the end he didn’t suffer and had the chance to spend the night with all of the family, one more time. Just like Duke, his tail was wagging and he was licking anyone who would be near. He was a fighter and kind soul. He was a champion, a very special dog. His family is hoping to keep his spirit alive and The Duke Nation (all of us fans and supporters) is keen to do so. His page will be continued to spread the word about animal causes and help other animals in need.

RIP dear Duke, you won't be forgotten!


I donated $ 10 in loving memory of Duke to help other dogs in need.
If you're willing and able it would be great if you do so too.
Any amount is welcome! Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, so you just made me cry in the middle of the school cafeteria. But it's okay, I'm sure Duke appreciates the tears.

    Thanks for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! How sad! Poor Duke. He has such a special little face. I feel so sorry for the family. I lost my own sweet Netta girl last June to lung cancer. She died at home with me. She was a greyhound.

    How do you make a donation? With PayPal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Chip In connects you to Paypal, you log in and make the donation. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I'm really sorry I had to enable comment & word moderation. Loads of spam comments spoiled the free commenting, but please... don't let it stop you. I love every non-spam comment!
Thanks for visiting.
Love, Tink