ss_blog_claim=382b23c0c917c4da8523791d09618c76

Saturday, November 04, 2023

Blogblast For Peace 2023

 


Today I'm joining hundreds of bloggers across the world in a movement called "Blogblast For Peace". I'll start calling this my Peace Blog, as I seem to use my blog for just this movement nowadays. I don't care though, it is too important not to participate! The wars in Ukraine, in Gaza, other armed conflicts... Sometimes peace seems to be an unreachable dream, but we cannot give up. Not now, not ever.

Bloggers will unite in a global cry for peace in this annual event. One day. One voice. All it takes is one post. Don't have a blog? You can also join us by using social media. My globe will be on Facebook, Twitter/X, Instagram, and all other places I am in too. 

Post and share, anywhere you are online. 
It's that simple. Join us!

This is my 18th globe in my 16th year participating. Every year there's a theme on the main website. I don't always follow that, and that's okay. This year I did, the theme is: 
"Change the room - the transforming power of walking in peace" 
Imagine what would happen... 
if instead of trying to find peace, we walked in with it? 
What if we simply carried it in? 
What if we were the peace everyone else was searching for? 
What if we expected the room to change when we entered? 
Don't you think it would? Why can't we be the water and the well?

I love that, but struggled a bit how I wanted to incorporate it in my globe. After a lot of thought I said to myself: stop overthinking and start creating! And so I did.
I couldn't find the right image of a room, so I created a few in Bing Image Creator (AI). I chose one intuitively, added the usual info and decided to go with the flow. My fingers typed the words without thinking and I loved it. I tweaked a bit with font and lay-out, and I'm happy with the result.

To everyone: I wish you peace! One moment, one step can be the beginning; one person can make the difference!


Blogblast for Peace links:

 

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/11/23 15:02

    I shared your lovely peaceblog thank you Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That image of the peaceful room really speaks to me. I shelter in my own small room, which is my sanctuary in these difficult times. I love your peace globe and your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous image and such a wonderful message too. We could all use a healthy dose of peace, always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5/11/23 10:11

    Hi Tink. I can't get stupid blogger to accept me as ME. It's Michelle from Crowsfeet.

    I love your picture so much. I want to go sit in that room. So beautiful.

    Totally agree with all you said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Peace Globe and story is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a lovely image, Tink. Well done. Peace to you.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7/11/23 05:55

    I love this:
    "Change the room - the transforming power of walking in peace"
    Imagine what would happen...
    if instead of trying to find peace, we walked in with it?
    What if we simply carried it in?
    What if we were the peace everyone else was searching for?
    What if we expected the room to change when we entered?
    Don't you think it would? Why can't we be the water and the well?

    Thank you for this. Sandra Hammel

    ReplyDelete

I'm really sorry I had to enable comment & word moderation. Loads of spam comments spoiled the free commenting, but please... don't let it stop you. I love every non-spam comment!
Thanks for visiting.
Love, Tink