ss_blog_claim=382b23c0c917c4da8523791d09618c76

Friday, August 20, 2010

Castlefest and handfasting

(I've written this post more than 10 days ago, but forgot to hit "post" I think..??)

Last Saturday Ron and I went to Castlefest, a medieval/fantasy/pagan/steampunk festival in Lisse. There were a lot of market stalls, artists, musicians and other entertainment. It's a huge piece of land, so we first made a round to see everything. Most people are dressed up medieval, pagan, etc. My friend Krissy had made a beautiful blue gown for me. I had used some make-up (which I rarely do) and I really felt pretty. People even said I was radiating! With Krissy I bought a corset to wear over the dress. I always thought that made me look fat, but it didn't; it showed my... ehm... assets so to say! ;-) I also bought a beautiful black (matt) saucer with a spiral in it.

This time there was an extra reason to visit Castlefest. We were invited to attend the handfasting of two friends. They had asked Ron to take pictures. The ceremony was really beautiful. They were very nervous. They are together for 12 years and this was a wonderful confirmation of their special bond. It brought tears to my eyes, and I wasn't the only one! You can see the pictures in this album, but please note they are private and not for other use!

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!!! Normally I would not ever go through over 200 pix like that, but I happily did. It appeared to be a very fun, beautiful and moving ceremony, Ron captured things wonderfully. My best wishes to your friends. Your dress was fabulous. I enjoyed the other costumes as well. Everything was well put together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're right in the midst of the Renaissance festival in the Minneapolis area and We're looking forward to dressing up and going there. Thanks for the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete

I'm really sorry I had to enable comment & word moderation. Loads of spam comments spoiled the free commenting, but please... don't let it stop you. I love every non-spam comment!
Thanks for visiting.
Love, Tink