Last Monday it was full Harvest Moon, time to harvest my oils. I used the cold or long method: bottles with herbs/plants in a base oil, put them in the sun and let it stay there for the summer. The result is called a macerate. Monday I filtered the oil and put it in little blue storage bottles. On the picture above you can see my harvest. I want to make nice labels later. I have oils with lavender, mint, St. John's wort and camomile. I still have viola tricolor to harvest. I store my oils in a wooden trunk Ron gave me.
With Ostara (March 20) I had planted an acorn in a flowerpot. It grew pretty good and had leaves in no time. Unfortunately the cats discovered the leaves tasted good... Nothing left but a pitiful stem... I wasn't prepared to give up though. Ron thought I was being silly. I watered the stem and talked to it, even gave it reiki. It helped! Last week I noticed a little green sprout and today it looks like this! Ha!