ss_blog_claim=382b23c0c917c4da8523791d09618c76

Thursday, March 01, 2007

TT #30: Freyja & Bastet

Thirteen-plus pussycat pictures
On request: pictures from the kitties! I've got so many, it was hard to choose. Last week Blogger gave me a very hard time uploading my portraits, so this week I'll use links to Photobucket. Click on them and they'll open in a new window.

  • In August I met Freyja and Bastet in the pet shelter and fell in love instantly. Who wouldn't..?
  • Both growing up without their mother they decided to adopt me as a surrogate mother. My lap and front are popular places to sleep.
  • Foofur is a willing victim for Freyja and for Bastet, but they don't mind to share him too: friends for ever (well, most of the time)!
  • When they are tired of playing everything is suitable to take a nap: the central heating, the humidifier or each other.
  • Boris' feeding tray is one of their favourite things to play in/with/around.
  • At first they weren't allowed to sit on the microwave or the coffee table, but we gave in later. Who's the boss here..?
  • When there's food on the table they have to stay on the floor, but when the humans aren't watching cream from a spray can is yummy!
  • In the beginning Freyja literally fit on one hand, now she's more than a hands full! ;-)
  • Freyja loves watching television: from the side, the top or in front of the screen!
  • When it snowed a few weeks ago they were fascinated by those white little things falling from the sky and tried to grab some.
  • They claimed the rocking chair, preferably with a blanket and/or cushions.
  • Bastet finds it very interesting when I use the laptop. She loves chasing the cursor.
  • Before using the washing machine or the dryer I need to check it, because they love to jump inside!

A little extra, to see them in motion:
Freyja & Bastet having fun with a running tap


~*~*~*~

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

36 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the pics of your fur babies. I have 7 cats and one lonely Siberian Husky. They were all rescue animals. I just love animals so much. I wish I could save them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/3/07 00:35

    Sooooo cute. I love the one of you curled up with the kittens. Thanks for the cheer-up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last one is a very important one. No kitties in the washer or dryer! Thanks for sharing the pictures. They are adorable. I'm glad you saved them. If my son ever outgrows his allergies, we will be paying a visit to Rescue Village also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1/3/07 03:33

    Remember that one time when, I think it was Snoopy, got locked up in the washing machine and had "kind of a bath"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1/3/07 05:40

    What purr-ecious kitties you have -- they're beautiful. I enjoyed all the pictures, and I watched the video, too. Hubby and I have four kitties, and three of them love to play with water dripping out of the sink. :)

    Happy TT, fellow cat purr-son! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those kitties are too adorable. Sometimes I don't think it's fair how kittens can sucker you in with their big kitten eyes, and pitiful 'would you take me home?' looks. I suppose that's why I have six cats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the best TT I have seen so far ! The pictures are sooo sweet ! You should have participated at "Cats on Tuesday" with that ! BTW do you know it ? About two months ago I had the idea to get a group of people together who love cats but don't have a special cat blog and it worked very well. Now we are a funny group of people who once a week are writing about their cats and the stories which come out are really very funny ! So everybody is happy and the people are all so nice. You can see it on my cat blog (I had to separate it from my main blog) http://gattinamycats.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! I have a new kitty too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They've grown so fast! They're really beatiful! I hope you can enjoy their presence for many many more years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific photos. :) You were both adorable kittens and you are beautiful cats now! I like chasing the cursor on the computer too! It's fun!

    Being a Sphynx isn't all bad - there are many positives, but I just wanted to highlight the disadvantages this week. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like the photo in the washing machine the best. :) My Pooh Bear could fit in my hand when he was little. 15 pounds later . . .

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful kitties!! I like to play and drink from the faucet too. And whipped cream from a can... YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What cuties! I love kittens; I miss kittens. My duo's going to be 13 this year.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous1/3/07 14:07

    My cat loves my laptop. She sits by me as i work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanx for the chuckles. you got a couple of bundles of furry fun there. the pics remind me that i should've included my to fur-babies in my list of 13 things to be grateful for.

    thanx for visiting

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved the pics. Socks the cat seemed to enjoy them too. He was sitting in my lap while I read your TT.

    Thanks for visiting my TT.

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are all absolutely adorable! I especially love the one when all three of them are all curled up. My dog was raised with cats so she loves them and sometimes acts like one, but my cat hates dogs (probably something from her past life) and she does not like being around them. So to me that picture is the most precious. *sigh* I wish my babies loved each other that much!

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awwww, cute cats Tink. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous1/3/07 16:27

    My cat hasn't discovered the joys of a laptop. Thank God.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous1/3/07 17:07

    Tink your babies are too cute. Love Boris. I could just eathims straight out of the bowl:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic list and great pictures! Thanks for sharing.
    Happy TT! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous1/3/07 20:54

    Awe, that's awesome!! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh they are so precious and what magickal names you've given them. thanks for sharing the catpics:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mahalo for the visit! I see you're another one of us Cat Women! Beautiful kitties you have!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute cats! But thanks a lot, now my kids want another cat.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great list and pics! My Knight and two of our children are allergic to cats. So we can't have any. :o(

    Hope you have a blessed Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very nice meeting you! Thanks for visiting my blog, and yes, I'm named after an Irish goddess! I loved getting to know you through your pictures! I'll add you to my blog roll.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOL the cats loving the snow coming down. Thanks for visiting me TT and answering all my questions.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous2/3/07 03:56

    I loved the photo of your cat in the washer. Very cute. I enjoy our orange tabby. He's quite the character. Have a great week.

    My TT are up too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow - great photos! We is gonna addyou to our bloggie roll - welcome to the cat blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love cats!!! I am a bit allergic so I can't have one--- I tried!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Anonymous2/3/07 05:13

    Pretty kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I gotta ask, they look so close, do they meow for each other? We have two cats and one will meow if he hasn't seen the other one for awhile. Fun 13!

    ReplyDelete
  34. OMG, what great photos. You sure must have a lot of fun with your four-legged babies !!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Take care, Meow

    ReplyDelete
  35. Anonymous4/3/07 10:03

    Awwww, those are great pics. I love the one in the dryer. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Anonymous4/3/07 16:31

    Great post! We only have one cat - and he adopted us only part-time!

    ReplyDelete

I'm really sorry I had to enable comment & word moderation. Loads of spam comments spoiled the free commenting, but please... don't let it stop you. I love every non-spam comment!
Thanks for visiting.
Love, Tink