ss_blog_claim=382b23c0c917c4da8523791d09618c76

Friday, March 16, 2007

SFGA chakra-psychology

It had been a long time since we had a theme for a SFGA meeting. Wonder and I decided by mutual agreement with the rest to breathe some new life into it. We prepared a presentation about Anodea Judith and chakra-psychology. I mailed the invitations and yesterday night was the night. We met at our old location in Amsterdam.
It was good to have an "old-fashioned" meeting with a theme, we all felt so. Of course we talked about all kinds of things, but a theme adds something extra. Wonder explained about chakra's and chakra-psychology. I told some things about Anodea and her book "Waking The Global Heart"; we visited her lecture in October. We've drawn up the presentation in a document, which will be put on the SFGA FTP-server hosted by IJs. You can also read it here (mostly in Dutch).

Interesting links:
Sacred Centers - Anodea is the founder and director of this foundation
Waking The Global Heart - about the book and everything related

3 comments:

  1. Well, chakras are a good topic! I think addressing them ina psychological way rather than a "mystical" or supernatural way is a great idea to introduce them to people who are unfamiliar with their ancient and different cultural perspectives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous29/3/07 11:15

    I picked up a book about chakras though I haven't read it yet. I bought it because I'd been taking a class on pyschics and I was amazed by how much information there was on crystals, chakras, auras and more than my brain could handle. I thought the book might help in understanding some of what was being talked about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh - this was a furry good topic! Our Mommakitty is into Chakra healing - eve fur uskitties!

    ReplyDelete

I'm really sorry I had to enable comment & word moderation. Loads of spam comments spoiled the free commenting, but please... don't let it stop you. I love every non-spam comment!
Thanks for visiting.
Love, Tink