ss_blog_claim=382b23c0c917c4da8523791d09618c76

Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween & Blessed Samhain

Halloween
I did a wonderful ritual tonight. I made a talisman for someone close that really needs healing and comfort. For the altar I used some special things: the glassware from her parents for the cake & wine, a big shell on the west from her mother and incense from her & her daughter's shop. It was the first time I used my new altar chest. The room was lighted by candles and a lamp I bought on a flea market recently.

I meditated and asked her ancestors for their blessing and protection. My mum & dad and my black panther led me into a cave. Behind a massive wooden door with old steel hinges was a space lit by torches. I sat down at a pond. Across the pond were her parents, grandmother, aunt and a lot of other ancestors I don't know. I was a bit nervous because in real life I wasn't exactly their favourite person. I explained my reason for coming. They smiled and said that they really appreciated what I'm doing for her. The atmosphere was friendly. They gave their blessing and promised to keep an eye on her and protect her. I thanked them and left with a good feeling.

In the talisman I did herbs, gemstones, a bindrune on wood (sliced from my big staff and marked by her brother), a goddess image and a fairy coin; all especially chosen for her and her situation. After making the talisman I presented it to the Goddess and God and then I charged it with reiki. I can't solve her problems, but I can try to give her comfort and healing, the arm around her shoulders she so desperately misses. The talisman is still on the altar; this blessed night when the veils between the worlds are thin will charge it with love from her ancestors.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely rit, T! I'm helping my daughter pack to move tonight, so will need to do a lil rit on the fly, so to speak. I'll prolly jump on my astral broom around midnight and head for my place. Blessed Samhain to you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessed Samhain & Happy Halloween to YOU too ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1/11/08 12:09

    What a very nice rit and treat - thanks for sharing.

    You know Halloween is not that much celebrated in Norway so therefore I love to read about others.

    Wishing you a great end to your week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a wonderful Samhain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you did have a blessed Samhain, Tink.

    Thank you so much for what you're doing for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been tagged my Pagan Sister:

    http://flying-cupcakes.blogspot.com/2008/11/more-random-about-me.html

    )O(

    ReplyDelete

I'm really sorry I had to enable comment & word moderation. Loads of spam comments spoiled the free commenting, but please... don't let it stop you. I love every non-spam comment!
Thanks for visiting.
Love, Tink