ss_blog_claim=382b23c0c917c4da8523791d09618c76

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Catching up

A lot is happening, I've been busy. The usual clichés but true nevertheless. What have I been doing...

Saturday I went shopping with Wonder in the old city centre of Utrecht. The weather was great and I love the historic character of the inner city. The canals have platforms almost on water level. The wharfs are still in use as store rooms, for little shops and restaurants. On top of the embarkment walls the main street is built with shops and houses. We lit candles for our parents in the beautiful Dom Church. I didn't buy much, just one book! Later two friends joined us. Afterwards we went home with them to Nieuwegein, where Ron joined us too.

Sunday was a difficult day. It would have been mom's 72nd birthday... So strange; you can't celebrate, but it also isn't and will never be just another day... In the evening we went out for dinner in her honour with my sister, brother and partners in restaurant De Stal (the stable) in Spaarnwoude. It's Ron's favourite restaurant, because they have very good, very big T-bone steaks. We had a wonderful time.

Yesterday we were busy, but also found time for a hike on the beach with the dogs. We walked around the inner lake on the beach. Boris went for a swim several times, he loves that. The weather was very good, almost spring: sunny and warm for the time of year. We walked for one and a half hour. I was exhausted, but still loved it!

Today is Foofur's birthday. He is 9 years old now. I bought big bones for him and Boris. I still remember meeting him for the first time, when I was at work in the pet shelter 9 years ago. It was love on first sight! Ron had to get used to a little dog, but loves him just as much now. Here's a picture of the birthday boy, made in 2003:

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous13/2/08 00:48

    Oh hun {{{{ }}}}

    This coming April would have been my mom's 65th birthday. Though for me, it is more the month of her death that knocks the wind out of my sails, I know how hard it is when a day comes that makes you feel like the grief is all new again.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom Tink, that is so hard. I hope you find some healing for your heart soon.

    I must ask about your dog, is he a corgie?! Oh Great Goddess, he is adorable. We are seriously considering getting a corgie this year and haven't known anyone who has one to see if they recommend that kind of dog for someone with disabilities? I need a dog that isn't too strong that I can handle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Foofer is soo cute! :D

    ReplyDelete

I'm really sorry I had to enable comment & word moderation. Loads of spam comments spoiled the free commenting, but please... don't let it stop you. I love every non-spam comment!
Thanks for visiting.
Love, Tink