ss_blog_claim=382b23c0c917c4da8523791d09618c76

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Blessed Samhain, Happy Halloween

A year of beauty. A year of plenty.
A year of planting. A year of harvest.
A year of forests. A year of healing.
A year of vision. A year of passion.
A year of rebirth.

This year may we renew the earth.
This year may we renew the earth.

Let it begin with each step we take.
And let it begin with each change we make.
And let it begin with each chain we break.
And let it begin every time we awake.

(Chant from the Reclaiming Samhain Celebration - listen to it here)

Yesterday evening Sorcha organised a Halloween Movie Night. This time we had chosen to watch "The Others" with my favourite actress Nicole Kidman. It isn't a frightening movie although it has its scary moments. In fact it is a wonderful story from a different perspective. If you haven't seen it, I can recommend it. We also made an ancestor altar in honour of Samhain. I brought a picture of mum & dad. When I took the picture, unfortunately some had already taken their pictures back. I planned on doing a meditation, but when I got home I was too tired.

1 comment:

  1. I like the chant quite a lot... sounds like something I'd say myself, albeit from a different perspective.

    ReplyDelete

I'm really sorry I had to enable comment & word moderation. Loads of spam comments spoiled the free commenting, but please... don't let it stop you. I love every non-spam comment!
Thanks for visiting.
Love, Tink