ss_blog_claim=382b23c0c917c4da8523791d09618c76

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Health update

Yesterday the internist called me back. He first told me what I already knew: it definitely is sarcoidosis. The values in my blood showed it and the rheumatologist agreed. He doesn't want to give me prednisolon because I already have high blood pressure and a very sensitive skin. I'm glad, I don't want prednisolon. The diclofenac is working good enough. I can walk better and the imflammations are less painful. Thursday I was worried because I started coughing a lot. The internist had seen some enlarged lymph nodes on my lung x-ray, so I have to be careful and pay attention. Luckily it seems to be just a cold. Nevertheless I bought echinaforce with vitamin C today for a better resistance and camomile tea for my sore throat. Better be on the safe side!

12 comments:

  1. Tink--

    Even though I know that you probably don't believe in the power of prayer, I do, very much. So I have put you on my church's prayer list. I wrote about that prayer list at this link, in case you want to read it:
    http://connectionsgodandtheworld.blogspot.com/2006/04/power-of-prayer-319.html
    I hope that you are not offended; It's just that I care about you!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that link got chopped up somehow. Here it is again:
    http://connectionsgodandtheworld.
    blogspot.com/2006/04/power-of-prayer-319.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care and my thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Judy & Peppylady!

    Judy, I am certainly not offended, I do believe in the power of prayer. It's the power of thought and good intention; it's a kind of magic! My mother went to the church regularly; she always prayed for me and burned candles in the Maria chappel for me. So thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Tink, how long have you had Sarcoidois?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tink, hope the medication you are on is helping ease the pain. My thoughts are with you, hoping you get better soon.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Take care, Meow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Meow!
    @Nineepoo: I have it for 3 to 4 weeks now. Why, do you have it too?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tink--

    You said your mother "went" to the church and "prayed." Is she not living any more?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Judy: Yes, my mother passed away last June. You can read about it in my log archive if you want. My mother was Roman Catholic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tink, heel veel sterkte, ik denk aan je - dikke knuffels!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Feel better, or at least bearable

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am all for natural medicine, especially when you are dealing with so many other things. Man, I feel for you. You seem to have a good attitude, with which to face what is yet to come. And you KNOW you have a lot of support here, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'm really sorry I had to enable comment & word moderation. Loads of spam comments spoiled the free commenting, but please... don't let it stop you. I love every non-spam comment!
Thanks for visiting.
Love, Tink