ss_blog_claim=382b23c0c917c4da8523791d09618c76

Monday, January 29, 2007

Paranormaal Alternatief

Yesterday I went to Paranormaal Alternatief in Rijswijk, the biggest indoors spiritual fair in The Netherlands. I had talked about it with friends, but had completely forgotten all about it! They called me when I was just out of bed to ask if I would come too. I called Joke and asked if she wanted to go with me. She did, so I picked her up and we drove to Rijswijk.
We were at the entrance about 1pm, the fair would close at 5pm. There was a lot to see and do. Around 400 stands with all kinds of paranormal and spiritual participants: shops, massage, consultations (tarot, palmreading, iridology, etc. etc.), workshops, lectures... I didn't buy anything, though there was enough I wanted! Just nothing special, nothing you can't buy in an esoteric shop.
We looked for someone to do a reading. We chose a man with the sign 'voluntary contribution'; not to rip him off, but because that's the way to make it possible for everyone. First he did a reading for Joke with fairytale cards. When he was done, I decided to have a go too, but with other cards (Oracle of the Indian medicine men, or something like that). He told me to focus more on reason and less on feeling. That was a surprise; people often say I'm too rational. The man said that is because I'm good at putting things into words. I sound well-thought-out, but that doesn't mean I did think it over by reason. Hmmm.... I'll have to think some more about that.... Interesting....
At 4pm we attended a dreamtime concert by Nada Naga. We lay down, closed our eyes and the music started: singing and all kinds of instruments like didgeridoo, singing bowls, drums. The soundhealing lasted for 45 minutes and I really enjoyed it, very relaxing. I haven't made pics, but this is from another concert to get the idea.

1 comment:

  1. Dat concert klinkt geweldig! Die instrumenten die je opnoemt zijn mijn favorieten. Ik heb zelf een klankschaal thuis waar ik regelmatig gebruik van maak (de kat vind het wat minder leuk als ik dat doe) en ik heb momenteel een bestelling uit staan bij de wereldwinkel voor een trommel. Lage tonen in muziek zijn voor mij echt meditatief.
    Ik merk nu dat ik afstand heb genomen van Wicca om wat meer perspectief te krijgen, en ik me verdiep in boedhisme, hindoesme en sjamanisme, ik alles op een hoop lijk te gooien. En waar kom ik uit...? Bij iets wat verdacht veel op wicca lijkt, maar toch net wat anders.
    Ach ja, het houdt een mens bezig ;)
    Ik mis de groep af en toe wel, maar ik merk ook dat ik nu veel meer zelf bezig ben in dingen opzoeken, waar ik eerst vaak alleen op de mails afging. Het was een moeilijke beslissing, maar ik denk dat het beter is nu ik zelf weer tijd aan alles ga besteden.

    ReplyDelete

I'm really sorry I had to enable comment & word moderation. Loads of spam comments spoiled the free commenting, but please... don't let it stop you. I love every non-spam comment!
Thanks for visiting.
Love, Tink