ss_blog_claim=382b23c0c917c4da8523791d09618c76

Friday, September 22, 2006

SFGA: Mabon

Yesterday evening we had a SFGA-meeting in "In De Waag" in Amsterdam. The theme was Mabon, the Fall Equinox. We wanted to do something different, so Wonder and I had suggested to do crafts: making a Mabon wreath. Everyone had bought a wreath of willow twigs and brought some extra stuff: lavender, dried apple, feathers, berries, all kinds of natural decorations. I had some difficulty to make a start, but when busy I enjoyed myself very much. The results were very different, but all beautiful in their own way. This is mine; you can see all of them here. Ron liked it too and put it in our entrance hall on the door.

5 comments:

  1. Oh its lovely! I wonder if we will be doing something at church about Mabon Sunday (we unitarians, we celebrate EVERYTHING!) I think if not, Im going to look into making one of these! See how inspiring you are? Im not even crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Autumn Equinox! Your wreath is lovely! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Je krans is zeker heel mooi!
    Ik denk dat ik dat ook eens ga proberen, lijkt me leuk om te doen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty wreath. I made a pumkin bread for mabon and going to share it at the gardenia center during coffee hour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous29/9/06 23:35

    Wauw! Mooi zeg! Ik was er helaas niet bij vanwege mijn verhuizing. Ik heb geen tijd meer gehad om af te zeggen, maar jullie zullen vast wel bedacht hebben dat het aan Marco's en mijn verhuizing lag!

    X
    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete

I'm really sorry I had to enable comment & word moderation. Loads of spam comments spoiled the free commenting, but please... don't let it stop you. I love every non-spam comment!
Thanks for visiting.
Love, Tink