ss_blog_claim=382b23c0c917c4da8523791d09618c76

Sunday, February 02, 2014

My Imbolc

First of all I'd like to wish you a blessed and happy Imbolc or Lugnasadh, depending on which hemisphere you roam. I hope you have a wonderful celebration and a very happy day.


I had planned to go to an open Imbolc celebration today, but yesterday I felt the urge and need to do a personal Imbolc ritual on my own. I decided to include a thorough, elaborate home-cleansing and -blessing. Imbolc is all about cleaning, cleansing, getting rid of old stuff to make room for new, etc. so that fits perfectly.
First I walked through all the rooms and spaces with a smudge stick, widdershins (anti-clockwise) from top to the basement and everything in between, to cleanse the house. Then I did the same deosil (clockwise) to bless everything with the elements. The first round felt overdue and much needed, the second felt wonderful and light. Good decision!
Back in my circle I did a guided meditation called "Inner Journey to Brigid". It was beautiful, but somehow Brigid became mixed up with Skadi. It didn't feel strange or wrong, on the contrary. It felt very natural, as if Skadi was claiming her rightful place in the ritual and on my path. When I asked for a symbol to remind me of the message I got in this meditation she gave me a silver-white snow crystal...
For cake and wine I chose milk and chocolate cookies. Milk belongs to Imbolc and has the snow-white colour of winter. Afterwards I left some of it outside.
I'm so glad I decided to do this, it clearly was the right thing for me at this time.


2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a really nice ritual. Sometimes, it's nice to share the celebration, sometimes it's nice to go inside and find the quiet. I hope Skadi came to you to say goodbye :-) I am quite happy with snowdrops in my green lawn and little lambs frolicking in the sun :-)
    Blessed Imbolc
    X
    Véronique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skadi has called me, so she'll always be with me. I know what you mean though and I don't agree (but you know that already LOL). We haven't had a real winter and there's still plenty of time for it. Hail Skadi! ;-))

      Delete

I'm really sorry I had to enable comment & word moderation. Loads of spam comments spoiled the free commenting, but please... don't let it stop you. I love every non-spam comment!
Thanks for visiting.
Love, Tink