ss_blog_claim=382b23c0c917c4da8523791d09618c76

Thursday, December 13, 2007

TT #67: best wishes

TT67

"Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year"
in 13 European languages


Next week I'll be away from Monday to Sunday (for a holiday and a Yule celebration), so I'll skip a TT. That's why my wishes are a bit early!


  • Dutch - Vrolijk Kerstfeest en een Gelukkig Nieuwjaar

  • Danish - Glædelig Jul og godt nytår

  • Polish - Wesolych Swiat i Szczesliwego Nowego Roku

  • Welsh - Nadolig LLawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

  • Norwegian - God Jul og Godt Nyttår

  • Scots Gaelic - Nollaig chridheil agus Bliadhna mhath ur

  • Icelandic - Gleðileg Jól og Farsaelt Komandi ár

  • German - Fröhliche Weihnachten und ein glückliches Neues Jahr

  • Russian - Pozdrevlyayu s prazdnikom Rozhdestva i s Novim Godom

  • Bohemian/Czech - Prejeme Vam Vesele Vanoce a Stastny novy rok

  • Estonian - Rõõmsaid Jõulupühi ja Head uut aastat

  • Luxembourgeois - Schéi Krëschtdeeg an e Schéint Néi Joer

  • Greek - Kala Christougenna Ki'eftihismenos O Kenourios Chronos


Correct me if I'm wrong!

source: FLW (in more than 350 languages!)

reindeer~*~*~*~

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
~*~ Aline ~*~ Sue ~*~ Mama Pajama ~*~ Holly ~*~ SusieJ ~*~ Nap Warden ~*~ Robin ~*~ Sandee ~*~ Lori ~*~ Candy Minx ~*~ Chelle Y. ~*~ Nicholas ~*~ SJ Reidhead ~*~ Milan ~*~ Laurence ~*~ Friday's Child ~*~ ellen b. ~*~ Greatfullivin ~*~ Crimson Wife ~*~ Susan Helene ~*~ Courtney ~*~ Sandy Carlson ~*~ Lindsay ~*~ Claudia ~*~ Yummy! ~*~ shesawriter ~*~ Candy ~*~ Gattina ~*~ Leah ~*~ Nathalie ~*~ Rae ~*~ Sandierpastures ~*~ Xakara ~*~ damozel ~*~ Coco ~*~ Tempest Knight ~*~ Bloggers ~*~ joyismygoal ~*~ WorksForMom ~*~ the teach ~*~ Cindy ~*~ Wakela Runen ~*~ Zenmomma ~*~ Darla ~*~ Lori LE ~*~ Amy Palko ~*~ Saoirse ~*~ Janet ~*~ Maryanne ~*~ Bronnie ~*~ Shoshana ~*~

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

55 comments:

  1. I knew at least 4 of those. Thanks Tink.

    Aline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea for your TT Tink! Mine is up now too, and I also went with a festive theme! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool idea for TT! Merry Christmas to you!
    www.mamapj.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew some of them from the tree in Epcot (Disney World) that has many of them on it.

    GREAT idea for a post -thank you!

    My Edition #7 is up!

    My Thirteen Favorite Christmas Things

    Drop by and I'll return the favor. Let's
    share a nice cup of hot chocolate and some
    great blogs this holiday season!

    Smiles,

    Holly
    http://theabundanceplace.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew 7!! I wishhttp://www.susiej.com/index.php/scientific-proof-that-santa-does-exist/I knew how to say some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great TT...I feel stoopid!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's another one for you. In Hebrew it's hag hamolad sameach v'shana tova.

    Happy TT too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool. enjoy your holiday week. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, along with a great TT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool...now how in the heck to you pronounce them?? lol Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you are having a wondeerful trip...

    Hey you always come up with the best ideas for a TT list...this is terrific!

    How about Happy Festivus!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, cool!

    Have a great Christmas, Tink!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very informative. it's interesting to see some common words, or similarities at least, in several of them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That took some work. Very well done.

    SJR
    The Pink Flamingo
    http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog/_archives/2007/12/12/3406557.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. In Serbian:
    Срећан Божић и Нова Година
    But we never congratulate those two at one. Since we celebrate Orthodox Christmas 7th Jan we say:
    Христос се роди!
    And reply is
    Ваистину се роди!

    Happy TT :)
    Cheers!

    http://sleepwalk.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. In French : Joyeux Noël et bonne année !

    ;-)

    Happy T13

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's nice to know. In the Philippines we say "Maligayang Pasko"

    ReplyDelete
  17. For the Russian you need Krhistovom (Christ's) after the Rozhdestva(birth) because it's greetings on the celebration of Chirst's birth and new year. It's hard to spell Christ phonetically :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you Tink. Enjoy your holiday! We will miss you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cool, Tink! Travel safe and celebrate with lots of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very unique TT! A great idea at this holiday season.

    http://amomspeaks.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's very cool that people still say it. In this part of the world, it's frayed into "happy holidays." These are beautiful. Nice to see how different languages reveal the same sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW, I could not say any of those!
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ok, funny - can you say all of them? Great TT, Tink. It always amazes me how much the world has in common!

    Happy TT!

    My TT is up A little kindness

    ReplyDelete
  24. Now I want to know how to pronounce Blwyddyn.

    (my TT is at yummydown.com)

    ReplyDelete
  25. "Maligayang Pasko" in Filipino and "Felices Pascua" in my dialect. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  26. It is a shame !! you missed italian ! Don't forget that I have an Italian passport too, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have no clue on how to pronounce those. I can speak Filipino though ..Here it is..."Maligayang Pasko at Manigong Bagong Taon"

    enjoy your holidays

    ReplyDelete
  28. Interesting...although I haven't a clue how to pronounce any of them. LOL!

    My T13 post is up, come check it out if you get a chance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great list wonder if I can learn to say some of those Happy TT have a great Holiday & Yule

    ReplyDelete
  30. I only know the German version. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I feel so festive now. I had to copy them down so I could look for someplace to hear them spoken.

    Happy Holidays, Tink

    ~Xakara

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a lovely idea---and some very unusual choices of language. Thanks very much for these. The Flatland Almanack --Damozel

    ReplyDelete
  33. And let me say it to you in Indonesian... Selamat Natal dan Tahun Baru :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. That is such a cool list!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. and to you and yours too which language will you use while away?:>

    ReplyDelete
  36. I only knew 5 of these, great idea - have a very Mery Christmas Tink!

    ReplyDelete
  37. And how abouot in just plain ol' English?
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Enjoy your holidays!

    D'ya have time to visit my TT post?

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wonderful! :D I am going to try and remeber a few of these...

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh wow! That is a great post. I love languages and never really knew how to say Merry Christmas in anything other then English and Spanish.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oops! I got so excited about your TT that I forgot to mention that mine was up at www.wakela.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Now how to pronounce them all.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thanks...I enjoyed that one! I kept hoping for Swedish though, as some of my ancestors were from there.

    Happy TT!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a great TT, and what wonderful comments you've received, giving you even more languages to add to your list!
    Lives Less Ordinary

    ReplyDelete
  45. Ho Ho Ho also works too. Thanks for all the greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hawaiian: Mele kalikimaka!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Very cool list. Thanks for passing it on, I learned many new ones from it. Happy Holidays. Toodles, Maryanne

    ReplyDelete
  48. very cool idea! i love it :)

    & thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  49. It would be so cool if I could hear how the greeting sounds like.
    My blog: Just Say These Words

    ReplyDelete
  50. A very Merry Merry Yule and a very intens New Year

    Blessed Be
    Misticle

    ReplyDelete
  51. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you, too, dear Tink.
    Hope it's a wonderful HOliday season for you.
    Take care, Meow

    ReplyDelete
  52. Feliz Año Nuevo to you too!

    ReplyDelete

I'm really sorry I had to enable comment & word moderation. Loads of spam comments spoiled the free commenting, but please... don't let it stop you. I love every non-spam comment!
Thanks for visiting.
Love, Tink