ss_blog_claim=382b23c0c917c4da8523791d09618c76

Monday, July 03, 2006

Hothothot

Ron's summer holidays (two weeks) have started. Pfew... It's very very hot over here. It's almost 2 am and still almost 30 ºC (86 ºF), far too hot to my liking.

Another week gone by. I do things. I sleep. I cry. I kinda live... Everything reminds me of mum.
We are busy settling everything: the financial things, tidy out the cupboards, decide what to keep, etc.etc. It is hard to go through her stuff. Every cupboard, every drawer brings back memories. We all picked out things to keep. I decided to store a lot of things at home, because I just couldn't throw them away. Pictures, clippings, little utensils...

I have found the perfect charity for mum's clothes. She had a lot, but I didn't want to see it back somewhere. In Zutphen there is a selfhelp-foundation for people with an eating disorder, ZieZo. They have a special private house where people with an ed can come and do things, Het Praktijkhuis. In the basement of the house is a second hand clothes shop. Coming Tuesday we'll bring mum's clothes there.

I've put the remaining furniture and other things of value that we don't want ourselves on an auction site. It turned out mum wasn't insured enough to cover the bills, so the profit has to be added to that. The insurance agent hasn't done what he promised us after my dad died: to help mum keep things up-to-date.

2 comments:

  1. It's a difficult job, isn't it. I feel for you. Take it one day at a time, that's all you can do.
    Take care, and look after yourself .... Meow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous15/7/06 11:23

    naar voor je meis, gecondoleerd met het verlies van je moeder. Ik wens je veel kracht dit verdriet te dragen en een plek te geven.
    ...zorg maar goed voor jezelf.
    Knuffel van mij
    liefs van Laïs

    ReplyDelete

I'm really sorry I had to enable comment & word moderation. Loads of spam comments spoiled the free commenting, but please... don't let it stop you. I love every non-spam comment!
Thanks for visiting.
Love, Tink