ss_blog_claim=382b23c0c917c4da8523791d09618c76

Monday, December 09, 2013

Favourite movies

click to read
more KIOS
Kickin'It Old Skool, Day 9
"Let's share some of our favourite movies!"

Do you have Twitter? KIOS has its own hashtag: #kickinit.
My account is @TinkNL.

~*~*~*~

At first I didn't want to see the movies of my all-time favourite book. In my humble opinion it could never ever do justice to the book of this brilliant author. Then other genuine Tolkien-(book!)fans posted positive reviews, so I got curious. And I won tickets for the Dutch premiere of part two... Long story short: I've seen them all, loved them, got all the extended versions on dvd. :) Although I still have some pet peeves about how things from the book ended up in the movie, I'm a fan of the movies.
I've seen the first Hobbit-movie and it looks like that's going to be a great trilogy too, but i'm not completely sure yet. :)

And there's another favourite: Star Trek! I'm not a huge fan of the Original series, but I like the movies with the original series cast. I love the movies with The Next Generation. The last two movies with the younger Kirk & friends are good too. I would have loved a Deep Space Nine or a Voyager movie, or both, or all together!

In general I like fantasy, SF, action, history, horror, adventure, thriller, detective and lots more. I'm not a fan of what marketing snobs keep calling 'women's movies' and of comedy, although there are always exceptions.
Some random titles of movies I like: The Green Mile, Ghost, Pearl Harbor, Robin Hood, Titanic, X-men, but also Monty Python, Tristan & Isolde, The Wicker Man, Practical Magic, Dances With Wolves, and a lot of classics and cult-movies. Too many to list, different genres. I'm sure I'll think of 20 other movies I could have mentioned once I hit the publish-button....

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous9/12/13 15:32

    Hi Tink - I see what you mean about liking similar movies. LOTR is an awesome epic and while not 100% faithful to the books, is far more than I ever thought could be done in a movie (who knew there would be 3 movies?). And I am a huge Trekkie but in the end, no one movie stood out for me (except perhaps Wrath of Kahn). Like you, I actually like the Next Generation movies and wish they'd have done a Deep Space Nine - I loved the mix of politics and religion in that particular iteration of Star Trek. Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually like women's movies either but if it is a good comedy I will enjoy it. I don't go to the movies much - maybe that is something I should change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that my post is up I am thinking about so many more great movies.. I love all of Tom Hanks movies. The Green Mile was on my list but I had to edit it down to ten.
    I loved Ghost too but again....had to edit

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was unsure whether I'd like the LOTR movies as well, but they get my thumbs up. And how fun that you won tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post reminded me of even more movies I have loved over the years, I love Monty Python, and The Green Mile

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for awesome movies!! We could totally have a movie night together and hang out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, I like your picks! I am a big fan of the Lord of the Rings movies and of course am a huge Trekkie.

    I like a lot of cult films too, there are so many out there to enjoy! It's glad to see some Pearl Harbor love too, that one really got me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Star Trek -- totally forgot about them! Especially the newer ones cracked me up - I loved getting to see the "young" Bones. "She left me with nothin' but my bones!" :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm really sorry I had to enable comment & word moderation. Loads of spam comments spoiled the free commenting, but please... don't let it stop you. I love every non-spam comment!
Thanks for visiting.
Love, Tink