ss_blog_claim=382b23c0c917c4da8523791d09618c76

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Kickin' It Old Skool - the end

click to read
more KIOS
Kickin'It Old Skool, Day 31
Yay!! We kicked it through the holidays. We kicked it through ice storms. We kicked it all month long! Give yourself a gold star - or a turquoise star or a fuchsia one! It's time to celebrate! What would you like to celebrate about this month and Kickin' It Old Skool?

~*~*~*~

To celebrate the transition from old to new year Ron and I walked a beach labyrinth at sunrise this morning, made by friends. It's becoming a tradition, 4th time this Dec. 31:

I want to thank Jamie & Shannon Ridler for organizing this blog-a-thon. Also thanks to everyone who participated and commented on each other's blogs. I've tried to visit as much as possible and ended up following quite a few new blogs! Yay for meeting new friends and their blogs, and for reconnecting to old friends and their blogs.

I really liked getting back into blogging again. I didn't succeed in participating every day because of various reasons, but that doesn't matter! It was fun and I want to try to stay more active this coming year.
Therefore my question for you all: do you have tips for memes to do? Prompts to find? Anything fun to help me keep blogging?

A new year's wish from me for everyone that participated and the readers of my blog:
all the best to you and yours and I hope to see you again in 2014 (and after).

6 comments:

  1. I agree, this was fun. I was not a blogger before but really enjoyed the experience. I was thinking the same thing about finding memes and questions to keep blogging. There are a couple of good books I saw at Barnes & Noble yesterday that I might get. One was different inspirational quotes and the other was a book of lists. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this was a blast and just what I needed to jump start writing my blog posts more consistently! To answer your question, I search online for journaling prompts and have accumulated quite a few, so I am going to use these as resources to keep me posting daily! Best wishes for a wonderful New Year! (and I LOVE your sand labyrinth! We are hoping for time on the beach to welcome the new year tomorrow too! )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new year tradition, the beach look beautiful and so different from the scenery I have around me at the moment.

    I'll be thinking of blogging prompts too in the next little while, it such a good way to find topics to write about.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've loved connecting with you throughout this blog-a-thon, Tink. For ideas for writing, my friend, Chris Fraser's facebook page for her business "Firefly Creative Writing" can be a good place for prompts. And she runs a Blog-writing course that I did last year and LOVED! Don't know when she's running it next, but it could be a fun thing to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1/1/14 03:39

    Wow . . . that labyrinth looks awesome, and I must say I really like your blog and its nice meeting you.

    I hope 2014 will be a year of much happiness for you, and I'd like you to know you're welcome to follow my blog at http://theopenvase.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Think !
    Labyrinths are always great for brining in the new .
    Wishing you a year of magical adventure and joy.
    All the best,
    Willow

    ReplyDelete

I'm really sorry I had to enable comment & word moderation. Loads of spam comments spoiled the free commenting, but please... don't let it stop you. I love every non-spam comment!
Thanks for visiting.
Love, Tink