ss_blog_claim=382b23c0c917c4da8523791d09618c76

Friday, December 27, 2013

Final Friday

click to read
more KIOS
Kickin'It Old Skool, Day 27
On our final Friday of the year, let's share a little bit about the year that was 2013 by answering the questions.

~*~*~*~

Are you sure? I didn't write a lot in 2013 and before, because I didn't want to fill this blog with depression, misery and rants. Read on at your own risk...

1. What will you remember about 2013?
Surviving instead of living, depression, poverty, unhappiness, powerlessness, sadness, distress, stress... Seeing my better half feeling the same way, crying together, pulling each other up again in desperation...

2. What are you ready to leave behind?
see most of answer to question 1

3. What's something you learned in 2013? 
Life goes on, even if you don't want it to most of the time.
If you think you hit rock bottom, there's always another floor underneath to sink to.
Together we are strong and we are stronger than we think.

4. What would you like to celebrate about this past year?
I had to think long and hard to find an answer. It's not that we didn't do nice things, it's not that we were never happy in 2013. Of course there were moments to be thankful for, and we definitely are, but they disappeared quickly because it couldn't counterbalance the misery. It does help to survive though!
What I do want to mention is that we are very thankful for all the wonderful people we have around us that helped and are still helping us survive this ordeal. Whether it is a lit candle, an arm around us or substantial material help doesn't matter. We value them all and are very lucky and happy to have people like that we can count on.

Pfew, I managed to end on a positive note.
Can't wait for 2014: new year, new chances!

found on Facebook

5 comments:

  1. Here's hoping your 2014 is a spectacular year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only a couple more days, and it'll all be behind you. Congratulations on surviving. Next year will be incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeps doing something weird as I try to comment - so I'll keep this short I guess and hope it works. I hear you! and wish you well for 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we both had the same kind of year. It was a rough one, wasn't it? But I'm raising a toast for better days ahead for both of us in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1/1/14 06:22

    I'm right there with you on 2013. It was a tough, tough year. May the new year bring peace and gentleness to all of us.

    ReplyDelete

I'm really sorry I had to enable comment & word moderation. Loads of spam comments spoiled the free commenting, but please... don't let it stop you. I love every non-spam comment!
Thanks for visiting.
Love, Tink